Health, Safety and Environment Policy
The management philosophy at WTS incorporates Health, Safety and Environmental excellence as a core value. Along with our customers, contractors and suppliers, we share the vision that we can perform our operations in such a way that no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed or adversely impacted. Therefore, it is our policy to:
- Comply with all relevant HSE legislation, regulations and other requirements.
- Ensure that systems are developed and implemented to identify, assess, monitor, periodically review and control HSE impacts related to our business activities.
- Set HSE objectives and targets, and achieve superior performance (i.e., pollution prevention, hazard elimination, no accidents or incidents) through the utilization of a continuous improvement process.
- Provide necessary training and education to enable our employees to understand and perform their roles and responsibilities involved with their job functions.
- Implement mechanisms to communicate with and obtain input from employees, customers, contractors and other interested parties to the HSE Management System.
This statement of policy is the foundation that supports our entire HSE Management System. It establishes our management philosophy with regard to the HSE values, as well as a shared vision between our customers, contractors and suppliers.
Our HSE Policy Manual describes the HSE Management System responsibilities of the WTS organization, and control features necessary for achieving our HSE vision. Compliance with this manual is consistently applied at all WTS facilities. Managers and supervisors are responsible for identifying safety needs, communicating safety hazards, investigating hazardous conditions and accidents, providing training, supplying or wearing appropriate safety and personal protective equipment, and ensuring all equipment is properly maintained and meets legislated safety standards. Their role is supported by input from all employees.
Each employee identified with responsibilities in the HSE Management System is responsible for implementing the requirements specifically assigned, and visibly demonstrating their commitment to the HSE process through their actions while performing their work duties.
At WTS, we are committed - ethically, financially and personally - to a working environment where no one gets hurt and nothing gets harmed.
President WTS Rentals
Div. of Waste Treatment Solutions